Sunday 25 June 2017

Order of the WEB - The Arrival

It had been four years since the Battle Royale and Esi’s dominating win; four years since the First Stage of the SCT came to an end; four years since the incident; four years since Ato was completely broken; four years since the twenty-six finalists were sent to prepare for the Second Stage of the SCT. A lot had happened within these four years.
He sat in the middle of the square battle stage with his legs crossed, and his eyes closed. He took in slow deep breathes and let them out gently; the still air in the indoor arena stirred gently, complimenting his actions. He tilted his head as though trying to get it right, and smiled as there was a sudden burst of red wisps of light; accompanied by a strong gust of wind from nowhere. He had successfully understood his Tumi. It had taken four years; but it had been worth it. He opened his eyes as he commanded his Tumi to take form. Six Adinkra symbols glowing red floated around him. He smiled with satisfaction. He couldn’t sense anyone in the room with him.
“Good; now let’s see how well these four years have gone.” He said to himself. He adjusted the red cap on his head and took in a long deep breath as he closed his eyes. “I am Nana Okai, I am the bearer of ANANSE NTONTAN, creativity and wisdom are my attributes, I bear the mark of the spider, its web is my shield; and its venom is my spear, I am the true disciple of Tumi; and that is my true reward. You are the farewell to the dead; the wise sayings of old. By the power granted me, I summon you all.”
A rush of violent wind blew through the arena; other Adinkra symbols took shape and surrounded him completely. Adinkra symbols revolved around him; all glowing a bright red. He looked at the symbols that now surrounded him.
“Seventeen. That is definitely the most I’ve been able to understand so far, but I don’t feel it’s enough.” He pointed out.
You really have changed these four years, back then, you would have been exhilarated and content with being able to do this much; but now you’re not even satisfied with the monster you’ve become. Kram commented.
Can you blame me? After the incident four years ago; and these four years I’ve spent on the Red Hill, I’ve seen that I need to get more powerful if I want to become the greatest Story Teller. Nana replied. With a wave of his hand the Adinkra symbols all disappeared. How has your training been going? Did it work at all, or did you misinterpret the memory?
It seems to be working. I have hit a barrier of sorts however. My memory and power can’t seem to fully restore; it’s as if a part of me is within something or even someone else.
And you can’t remember anything as to what exactly the problem is?
No.
We will have to figure that out.
The doors to the arena flew open and a girl with neatly shaved hair entered. She was in a long red and black stripped African print coat with a hood; a dark blue tank top under it and a pair a black fitting slacks. A smile formed on her lips as she saw Nana who smiled back at her; but her smile didn’t last, which meant something was wrong.
“What is it Akose?” Nana asked in a serious tone.
“You need to get to the gates right now.” Even in concern he still loved the sound of her voice.
“Why?” He asked brows furrowed.
“We have guests…”
“And?”
“They challenged Debrah.”
Shit! He thought to himself. Who could have been foolish enough to challenge Debrah.
“It’s the Zebras” She said as if in response.
“Let’s go.” Nana said walking towards the doors. “And I pray the gods protect whoever is facing him.”
“Wait.” Akose stopped him. “We can’t have the head of the Red Hill’s royal family go out without the proper attire of the royal family.” She pulled a black coat with a red hood out of empty space. He could never get used to Akose’s control over space; it was a great ability.
“May I?” She asked with a reassuring smile. He knew better than to fight her.
“Please.” He stretched out his hands as she put the coat on him. The Adinkra symbol printed on the back of his coats glowed as he wore it. It signified his position as King of the Red Hills; the true head of the Red Hill’s Royal Family.
“Now we can go.”

“You are stronger than I originally imagined; I didn’t think the Red Hill had such strong candidates. You are supposed to be remnants of a great past; but it seems I was mistaken.”
Debrah watched as his opponent planted his feet into the hard cemented ground like it was nothing, his skin turning to pure stone.
“What do you think of this form? Do you like it? Personally I think it’s a bit too strong. Can you help me test that theory?” The cemented human figure in front of him taunted.
“Has anyone ever told you how noisy you are?” Debrah replied, walking towards the cemented figure; completely unimpressed. “All Ants of the Red Hills should make sure you do not get in my way. I invoke the authority of Protector to the Red Hills and their King!” He shouted to the red and black dressed people behind him. They all started moving back in response as they saw the FIHANKRA Adinkra symbol behind his coat glow in acknowledgment. They knew better than to get in Debrah’s way.
“Zebras! Remember this moment! This is how you squash an ant! I invoke the authority of War Monger of the Zebras and their King!” The AKOBEN Adinkra symbol at the back of his black and white stripped African print coat glowed in response.


A loud bang resounded throughout the Red Hills; a rush of loud bangs followed reverberating through the Hills. Nana looked at Akose a worried look on his face. She immediately closed her eyes in response; concentration on her face. She opened her eyes in shock, and stopped moving.
“What is it? What did you see?” Nana asked.
“It’s Debrah.” She answered. “Someone is exchanging punches with Debrah; and from the symbol on the person, he’s a War Monger.”
Nana found it hard making sense of what Akose had just said. For someone who isn’t the Head of a Royal Family to survive in a brawl with Debrah… Debrah’s physical strength was like nothing he had ever seen before almost like hers and his ability broke the laws of nature.
“We have to get there before he’s pushed to use his ability.” Nana grabbed Akose and pulled her close. “Sorry, I know how much you hate to move this way.”
“No! Nana wai-” Before she could finish they were swallowed by the ground.

Debrah panted loudly watching his opponent who was doing same. Dade3 bi twa dade3 bi. He thought to himself. He had never imagined he would find someone with physical strength that rivalled his. Nana had once mentioned a girl who could, but it seems there was another person who was also capable of the same feat. He smiled satisfyingly.
“You are good. It seems I don’t need to hold back.” His opponent said as Tumi engulfed his body; his stone skin began to glitter.
“Good. Come at me with all you’ve got; let’s see which is more fearsome; your diamonds or my ability!”
They both charged at each other, the sound of their fists clashing echoed through the Hills, the force from it sent people closer flying. The was a loud crack sound. His opponent stared in shock as his diamond hard skin cracked.
“You see, the laws that governs nature and physics don’t apply to me.” Debrah lunged a punch at his opponent who still hadn’t recovered from the punch
Such a disgrace.
A voice filled everywhere; Debrah couldn’t move, his senses were a mess, he could sense the presence of someone, but it was everywhere and nowhere at the same time. His senses flooded paralysing him, causing him to fall on his knees; the same thing seemed to be happening to everyone. What the hell is this?! Debrah’s thoughts were the only thing he seemed aware of. Then he was standing in front of him. It wasn’t speed; it was as if one moment he wasn’t there, the next he was. Debrah stared at the figure standing before him; the King of the Zebras.
“I thought you’d be interesting since you broke my War Monger; but it seems you are as boring.” His voice was calm and very uninterested. He raised a black sword above his head. “Let’s try this again when you are strong enough to stand before me.” Debrah stared in dread as the sword lowered towards him. He tried to move, but he couldn’t; he couldn’t even feel his ability. The sword stopped when it was right before his shoulder.
“The air… this static… She’s here.”
Everything that happened next was in a blink of an eye; and in the moment, Debrah was glad he didn’t blink. He noticed what looked like a bolt of lightning heading straight for where the King was; before the King of the Zebras could respond a familiar black coat with a red hood appeared between him (Debrah) and the Zebra King. The Zebra King blocked a punch with his sword which threw him back, and the King of the Red Hills caught the bolt of lightning with his hand. A huge gust of wind sent Debrah flying; he was caught by Akose, as dust flew everywhere. Everyone gathered in front of the gate got up; recovering from the attacks. The dust slowly cleared to reveal a sight they’d all never forget. The Red King, the Zebra King and the Lightning Queen stood facing each other.
“I don’t care who you are; but this is my hill, and you will respect the Red Hills.” Nana said a wall formed from the ground separated him from the blade of the Zebra King and bolt of the Lightning Queen. “Do I make myself clear?”
“He seems familiar with them; who are they?” Debrah asked Akose who helped her up.
“Those are his teammates from the First Stage of the test. AJ, the Lightning Queen, and Ato, the King of the Zebras.” She responded. “They are real monsters.”

To be continued…

NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR
I APOLOGIZE GREATLY FOR MY COMPLACENCY! I HAVE LET YOU GUYS WAIT TOO LONG, AND I AM SORRY! I have no excuse for letting you wait so long for this. Welcome to Season 2 of Order of the WEB. I really hope this begins to make up for my absence; I feel I’m not even worthy of the title of everydayGladiator. But I will work tirelessy to prove that I am and make it up to you.
Please enjoy the season two; a lot happened during the time skip. Try not to be confused; all will be revealed in good time. I actually have typed half of what occurred during the time skip and might post them depending on your responses.
I really enjoyed typing this chapter. Please do enjoy; new characters, new abilities, same great series #OotW.

Yours Faithfully,
everydayGladiator




No comments:

Post a Comment